About Me

Christian, Mom, Wife, Sister, Teacher, Artist, Goofball:) All of these describe me, just a fun-loving Christian girl, loving my life as a mom, wife, and teacher! Hope you love it a little too when you visit:)
copyright by Jara Downs 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Martin Luther King Jr. Day

As part of our curriculum we have to discuss Martin Luther King Jr. and his contributions to our world.  I am so glad we had to discuss him and was thrilled to see my 1st graders actually "get it" when we discussed what his dream meant and what he wanted for his children, and for all of us.  We started out by reading this book:

A Picture Book of Martin Luther King Jr.
I think the kiddos really connected with this one because it talked about him when he was a kid and how he was treated by others, etc.  

Then we completed this mini unit by the gracious Erin Eberhart - thanks Erin!

Just go to www.teacherspayteachers.com and search Erin Eberhart to get your FREE Martin Luther King Jr. mini unit!  I know it may be too late for this year but you can file it away for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment