About Me

Christian, Mom, Wife, Sister, Teacher, Artist, Goofball:) All of these describe me, just a fun-loving Christian girl, loving my life as a mom, wife, and teacher! Hope you love it a little too when you visit:)
copyright by Jara Downs 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Monday, January 16, 2012

Back in the Groove!

Oh man, it has been hard coming back from break, is anyone else feeling this way???  Anyone else needing to pump a little more caffeine into their veins like me???  Anyhoo, we jumped right back in with a little measuring activities brought to us by the well-known Investigations curriculum...here are some of my kiddos measuring fish:)  They actually thought this was kind of fun!


And thanks to Cara Carroll at The First Grade Parade and www.theteacherwife.blogspot.com, I conglomerated their two ideas to have my students create these Happy New Year faces - LOVE them.  They wrote their New Year resolutions inside and we discussed a lot about making/setting goals, etc.  


Gotta love this one - yes...I would take her home:)  And...I think she's getting pretty close, don't you?!!!


And how cute is this??  Should I tell his mommy???  I wonder if she's seen the evidence of this resolution???


We read this book before starting the New Year faces...its one of the ONLY books I (or one of my teammates rather) could find about New Years...anyone else out there have any good ones - I'd love more ideas, I searched and searched - this one is pretty cute!


And...since we were talking about all things "new", I threw this one in there and talked about how we all sometimes want to be someone new but that we are all perfect just the way we are...it was a great segway into Martin Luther King Jr. Day by the way:)!


SO...how's it going for you?  Are you off to a great start?  Feeling refreshed and re-energized?  Well, thank goodness for the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday is all I have to say...best of luck to you in this new year!!!  I am praying for lots of energy and inspiration to be creative!!!  Hoping the same for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment