About Me

Christian, Mom, Wife, Sister, Teacher, Artist, Goofball:) All of these describe me, just a fun-loving Christian girl, loving my life as a mom, wife, and teacher! Hope you love it a little too when you visit:)
copyright by Jara Downs 2011. Powered by Blogger.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Joy

Hey there!  I hope you are all enjoying your time off!!!  I get to go meet Cara Carroll creator of The First Grade Parade blog today among many other fellow teacher bloggers!!!!  I am so excited!!!  The three weeks we had leading up to the break were crazy - can I get an AMEN?!  Here are some of the fun things we did thanks to all of you out there!!


We had a "Grinch Day" - it was a blast!  Here I am with my little Grinch friend - borrowed from a Pre-K teacher in my building - the kiddos LOVED him - oh my, they could hardly keep their hands off him, and yes...he was life-sized!!!


We read Dr. Seuss's How the Grinch Stole Christmas and then made this bubble map of adjectives/describing phrases - thanks for the idea Cara Carroll!


Here's another idea I got from The First Grade Parade - Grinch licked candy canes - some of my kiddos didn't want to eat these until after I told them he only licked them just a little *wink:)  I couldn't find all green ones so I just picked up these - and the printable from Ms. Carroll didn't print well on my only black and white printers at school, so I had to revamp it a little - still it was her idea!!!  Just keeping it real, folks!


Here are my kiddos in class watching Polar Express on party day!  


How cute is this?!  One of my kiddos and her mom made it for our party!  LOVE!


And here is the rest of our snack table - oh...my....word, note to self - ask for some healthier snacks next year.  This year I just let parents sign up for whatever they wished to bring - definitely gonna revamp this next year to be more specific:)!!!  I guess we were all thinking sweets, it is the season to be "merry" after all!!


We made this little snowman snack thanks to some free printables on TPT - gotta love freebies!  I need to look back to see what teacher posted this - I am so grateful - and will give credit where credit is due as soon as I find out! ***Erica Bohrer - love ya for it!!!


Here's the little poem up close - just staple on to the top of the snack and voila - a cute treat!  I'm thinking you could still use this into the winter months;)


Another freebie on TPT from the same teacher - gotta love her!  Promise I will find out her name!  **I did!  Erica Bohrer - go show her some love on TPT!  We just stapled these little labels onto the top of a baggie filled with oatmeal and glitter!  Get your snowman snack and reindeer food labels here http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Snowman-Poop-and-Magic-Reindeer-Food-FREE


And...last but certainly not least...Smiley Elibob, my family elf, came for a visit - I kept telling the kiddos about his shenanigans...they couldn't wait to meet him, so he came to visit and brought a letter from Santa about their elf applications - see Cara Carroll's blog for printable!  Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment